Re: Lunars "Gone Native"

From: Rob <robert.davis_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:09:50 -0000

How
> in the world am I going to get this guy integrated into the
barbarian
> party?

You know what i have a similar problem. I want to introduce some players to HQ. However I am not going to do what we normally do in roleplaying games and get people to choose what they want from the book. In old RQ you could do that. In D&D you can do that. But this is a story telling game. Its not like mixing dwarves and elves. Its not a racial thing - its a cultural antipathy.

I narrated Vampire:The Masquerade for a while with all the players as Camarilla Archons. Would I have let a player be Sabbat when the rest were Camarilla vampires? No.

All my newbies (I am one myself) will be Heortlings. I am sure that my guys will enjoy the experience more that way. I'm not very good at writing scenarios and rely a lot on published sources and from what I have seen, the Sartar Rising series is top draw. It follows on beautifully from the main rule book.

Just my opinion though....

Regards,
Rob