Re: Anyone have Masters of Luck and Death yet? How is it?

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:55:15 -0000

I received my GTA copy (in Singapore) on Monday. Lovely!

27 hero bands, some suitable for player heroes, some for local colour, some to be protagonists and antagonists under the direction of the narrator. Sources of patronage or wonder (or both) for the players. And all have reasons to be in Dragon Pass.

While the bands themselves are great, the thing I liked best was the plot hooks attached to most. In particular, there are hints of much greater, potential world changing sorcery magic in "The Garden of Delightful Mobility". Perhaps this is one of the enablers for the dreadful magical rituals that Greg as alluded to that allows questors to pass directly from one magical system otherworld to another without passing through the Hero Planes or mundane world.

Captain Dashwood's Traveling Show might have a previously completely unknown heir of Sartar (Jim, Ian, I wonder where this one came from...). Or maybe not.

Additionally there is some Gloranthan colour scattered throughout, such as the effects of concentrating Donandar and Lanbril magic.

Is this the best Gloranthan publication ever? Definitely not. But a worthwhile addition to the Gloranthan bookshelf.

regards,
Charles Corrigan