Re: Uz society

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:13:23 -0000

> > In either of these latter cases, should the external threat (or
> > opportunity) reduce, the females will inevitably grow stronger and
> > ultimately regain controll.
>
> Why is this a fatality? I tend to believe the strata in power
would cling
> to it as much and as long as possible and that other factions would
have to
> "work" for its reinstatement as dominant faction.

The females would have to work to regain power, and it would take time, but I believe (all other things being equal) that it would inevitably happen. In troll society the mothers exert huge influence over their offspring. Should one generation of males sieze strategic controll of the community, if the reasons for that are removed then at worst the females only need wait another generation to regain power.

Simon Hibbs