Re: Re: cultural weapons?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:58:31 +1300

Nic Hughes

>One last point, Teshnans should probably be not much use at massed
>combat. They should have ambush/skirmish skills rather than massed
>combat abilities. I doubt if there are any heavy infantry in Teshnos
>and the only heavy "cavalry" appear to be those mounted on elephants.

The official Teshnan troops wear iron armour and thus are ill-equipped for skirmishing and ambushes. That said, they are not much good at massed combat neither as their last major engagement was the attempted total slaughter of Gio (as punishment for blasphemy) in which two thirds of the city survived (and much of this was due to individual acts of kindness by the troops concerned).

There are other troops in Teshnos however. The Solfi are tough bruisers, the Thoskali are good hunters and the less said about the Goondas, the better. In addition, the Teshnans also have access to magical weaponry from the dwarves (no iron tho) but their greatest weapon is undoubtedly the fire that their priests call down from the sky.

--Peter Metcalfe