Myth Tampering

From: jessedn_at_...
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:20:42 -0000

So I am narrating a campaign with characters who are at a bit of a cross-purpose but who still might end up going on HeroQuests together. One character would want to take a more typical path and go through the myth with the goal of using it as a way to reinforce his claim as being the right person to lead his people while another would like to use it as an oppurtunity to shape the myths so that Sedenya becomes a more acceptable part of their mythic structure in order to prepare for eventual Lunar annexation.

I have a few questions about this, as I am sure these questions will eventually come up and I would like to have the answers...

First off what would need to be done to bring about the suggested changes? How would an individual alter myths to create the connections that seem to have sprung up between (for example) the Red Woman and Ernalda in Tarsh.

Secondly, if he succeeds in pulling off these changes, what sort of effect would it have on the people who were (unknowingly) helping to support this ritual? Would they realize that the changes were actually changes or would they think that it was how it always had been?

Also how much support would be needed to change the entire cultures view of the presence (or lack) of a Moon Goddes?

Any suggestions or ideas?

J.