Re: Guardians (& regalia)

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:32:16 -0000

Another thing that I was thinking about which might bolster a clan wyter is the clan regalia. After all, obviously these powerful items are important to the clan and its continued existence, but it has never been quite clear how, at least to me. They don't house the wyter, but they seem linked to it. So perhaps they augment it, or lend powers to it.

Alternately they could 'just' be the ritual items the clan uses to support the wyter (such that if they are lost the clan loses its connection to the wyter next time they should be renewing it), or are perhaps the physical aspects of the quest powers bestowed upon the wyter (so that if they are lost it loses those powers).

Still, I like the concept that with certain items, instead of using them yourself, you could somehow use them to strengthen your wyter (or other guardian). If nothing else it helps explain the guardian of a smll group that is very powerful, if they are an ancient group with a lot of regalia supporting it.

--Bryan