Glowline = Chaosline?

From: S. Ben Melhuish <sben_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:09:55 -0800

Something was nagging at the back of my brain last night, so I dug up "ILH1" and read up on the Reaching Moon Temples.

There was a fairly extensive sidebar (don't have the book with me, so I don't know what page -- perhaps p. 55? It was towards the back, and the very nice index led me to it without much effort) which mentioned that the Glowline was created by "entropic engines" within the temples. Later in the sidebar, it's casually mentioned that Chaos is just misunderstood entropy.

So if I'm reading this right, there are giant Chaos engines pumping Shepelkirt-only-knows-what-kind-of-energy across the Lunar empire.

I imagine this kind of thing isn't common knowledge within the empire, and is only darkly suspected by a few outsiders. So who knows? Is it only Yara Aranis priests and the emperor who know about this, or is it an "everybody knows" kind of secret, or somewhere in between?

--

Means and Ends, a Nobilis series
http://pile.org/means/