Re: New Character Questions

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:06:59 -0000

For the sorceror, my first thought was a Brithini--but that's a hard row to hoe.

But when I thought about some of the things you mentioned: God Learner exposure, EWF interest, an Orlanthi--what came to mind next was to run a Second Age game. Then you can have a god learner, a EWF mystic and an orlanthi dragonfriend.

If that doesn't suit (the Hero Wars seem like fun, don't they?) then how about a game with some Lunar characters? The sorcerer could be an immigrant from the City of 10,000 Magicians, the draconic investigator could be from the same area poking arouind for evidence that there really is a great dragon inthe ground under the city, and the orlanthi could be some Talastari backwoods guy.

Another option is for the sorcerer would be to be from the eastern part of the Lunar empire, where he could be culturally "flavored" with some of the eastern stuff he was looking for. Maybe he was an apprentice at Oranor and has rejected their horrifying ways?

Make them all part of a Lunar organization that theoretically works on exactly what the PC sorcerer intends, but maybe that organization actually has some other reason for gathering together
scary things like the Three Weapons of Talor, the Unbreakable Sword, and the Parts of Gbaji.

Mike Dawson
http://differentgames.onestop.net