Re: New Character Questions

From: Gilbert Pili <gpili_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:23:14 -0000

Thanks, Mark -- these are excellent ideas.

I would do a 2nd age campaign, but you're right -- I kind of like the idea of the heroes finding *remnants* of these civilizations rather than actually participate in the events. I guess there's just something attractive of exploring a ruin, and seeing how it might pertain to what's going on with the Hero Wars in the current day.

I'm a little hesistant to suggest a Lunar, simply because I think the player assumes (and he's probably right) that the Lunars are at least as dangerous as the rest of the theist "fanatics." Again, he could have been brought up by these people, and then rejected them.

The thing I really love about your idea, though, and it sort of ties in with what I was thinking, was having a party of outsiders who are coming to Dragon Pass for the first time. The potential for the Strangers in a Strange Land has a lot of fun possibilties.

How crazy would it be for someone from Jrustela or Seshnela to be arriving on the southern shores of Heortland with the Hero Wars beginning...?