Gods War Vacations

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 15:47:49 -0800

Amigos,

> From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
>Subject: running little heroquests

>It was my understanding that, at a certain level
>one can actually go
>in and out of the Hero Plane, sometimes meeting
>heroquesting foes,
>and sometimes meeting heroes or demigods.

I think you mean that a person or party can enter into the Gods War, aka HeroPlane, and participate int he actins there.

>HQ makes the distinction between practice quest,
>otherworld journey,
>and true heroquesting, and also between communal,
>hero, and god
>level. None of this quite fits with the older
>scheme (which might be
>a misunderstanding, but Greg seemed to agree with
>it 5 years ago).

Your guys just want to romp in the Gods War?

>The reason I'm asking is that my players have
>decided to use a myth
>in order to get a cooler guardian for their new
>hero band. I figure
>this can get them something more powerful than the
>standard 48
>points, and also something the rules don't specify
>(they want an
>animated statue).

Yea, they can do that.
It sounds to me like you are gogn ot an event, butnot participating as the characters.

>This isn't really a major use of the myth, so a
>true heroquest at
>hero level is probably too challenging. On the
>other hand, I'm not
>sure it's really a practice quest.

You are right.
They have to get into the God War where the myth took place. Usual barriers, etc. Then they can act, and the others in the myth can react. Of course, since there are no parameters to help guide anyting then anything can happen.

>Anyone have thoughts on the best way to run this
>sort of quest?

I am not really sure where the problem lies.

BTW, our server is still screwed up and so I may not even see replies to this reply. Sorry.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford