Re: Re: Siege of Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:56:00 +0000 (GMT)

> OID Errata? Thank ye! I just found it....

> I'd just reread the Composite History in KOS, and
> noted the 1619 date. I
> thought it was just the scribe being all over the
> place and sloppy as usual,
> but was vaguely contemplating having the bat turn up
> *twice*. :)
>
> Issaries correcting their mistakes? Is nothing
> sacred?

I seem to remember seeing that 1621 date, watching it wrecking the back-stories of half my characters and the front-story of my campaign, and getting rather annoyed at yet another apparent deliberate gregging, first here, then in Steve's direction. You do need to point things out to him directly, as apparently he doesn't read *any* of the lists, but he took immediate action. As he usually does when things get pointed out.

Issaries are very Orlanthi like that. Point out a mistake, they correct it. But pointing it out can require a large hammer, or the sun going out, or something equally unsubtle.

> Here was I thinking
> that most 'errors' were actually 'features'.

Not in OiD, I think.

> Maybe we can start an errata for KOS.
> 1. For 'Argrath', read 'Kallyr' throughout.

See my old web page, and Joerg's, and no doubt others. Been there. Done that. And wasn't it fun?

> 2. Pages 195-197 are a printer's error. Honest.
I don't have it with me to check: would that be the bit of CHDP that has Kallyr ceasing to be Queen of Sartar after 1626? Or is it the Elmal bit?

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html