Re: Warriors Went to WhiteWall

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:03:19 -0000

Howdy -

> What follows is a little premature, for all its length, but since
we've been
> talking about Whitewall, and since Jeff R is exploring scenario
options,
> let me toss this one into the air and see if the winds bless it...

Well, I figure this is coming in my game and like Malan's Last Battle, I figure I ought to give them something impressive. Besides, I've always thought Whitewall would make a very cool set of scenarios.

>reading up old posts by Jeff, Joerg, Jane (am I sensing a pattern
>here?) and others, trying to get my head around the Heortland
>background.

You mean that we restrict this to people whose first names start with "J"? Hmmm. Well I was thinking about trying to rope Martin Laurie into this (bet you didn't know that Martin), but if you insist on this alliterative naming requirement I suppose I will go along.

> STAGE ONE: is an editorial/guiding framework. A briefing document,
probably
> by a single editor or a small team, will provide:

I'd be happy to jump into this. Joerg, Jane, any other J's?

> Now I'm a veteran of enough failed schemes (not a few of my own
devising) to
> see the pitfalls in planning grandiose communal visions. I *do*
think this
> one is well worth a shot, basically because its replicating and
making
> public what I'm already doing in planning out my own Whitewall
writings. I'm
> working on an expansion of the Kallyrkala centring on the siege,
featuring a
> miscellany of prose, kennings, descriptions and, no doubt, a large
> smattering of doggerel like the opening runes above. Bits will be
surfacing
> in various places over the next few months.

You want to take the lead on setting up some sort of a discussion group for this?

> Now, why do I Whitewall is so important? I've got a little list...
> The New World is born on the walls of Whitewall. Come the
Hurricane.

I agree with all of the above.

Jeff