Re: The Magic of Others - learning Theist magic (Was Heortling Common Magic thread)

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:37:30 -0000

> You're certainly welcome to ignore bits of the rules that are
inconvenient
> ;-).

Always have. Probably always will.

> I'd rather see a Godi ask another human for help to call on the
other god
> than to let the devotee contact just anyone in the pantheon. If
nothing
> else, there's more chance for character interaction. "Guys, we
need to
> contact Asrelia, but to do that we have to ask old Granny Erissa
to help,
> and she...".

Sure - and I would suspect that there is a much better chance that an Asrelia worshipper would be able to contact Asrelia than there is that a non-Asrelia worshipper would be able to get Divine Aid. I just don't see a good Gloranthan reason (as opposed to a game mechanics reason) for the limitation.

Jeff