Re: The Magic of Others - learning Theist magic (Was Heortling Common Magic thread)

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 22:13:29 -0000

A devotee has devoted themselves to one god, emulating them above others. They can't make promises of fealty, service or support to other gods.

(You know what I mean. Those little prayers like, "Humakt, if you give me victory in this fight, I shall sacrifice my best ram to you" to "If I survive this, Brevara, I shall devote myself to you.")

A devotee just doesn't have as much to bargain with... They're already spoken for.

A god may answer your prayer.
A god may answer your enemy's prayer.
A god WILL answer his own prayer.

Jeff