Re: Re: Assault on Whitewall

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:30:48 +1100

But how did the other Orlanthi heroes - Kallyr Starbrow,
> > and others - make it out? What kind of amazingly cool and fun to
> > game heroquests did the defenders of Whitewall conduct in order to
> > pull this off?

Kallyr left the siege in Dark Season 1620, long before the final assault, according to OID. *Why* she left is a matter for speculation, but I'm building on the idea there was a leadership quarrel. Or perhaps she saw the siege was ultimately futile, for all the desperate hope it engendered. Or that there weas another way.

 Having said that, I can only nod in mute appreciation of Bryan's insight. Whitewall was about different things for different people. For some, it was always about the High Kingship of the Volsaxi, or restoring the dignity of the Kitori Uz. For others it was about saving all the world from slavery. Some Lunars saw it as a necessary act in healing the world. For others, it was a desperate attempt not to have to postpone one of the Emperor's victory parties.

On such the world turns. :)

John