Re: Reincarnation?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:17:16 -0000

> I've run with this in my campaign. One of the characters if an EWF
era
> Pavis dragon-warrior (human, that is), the wyvern rider captain of
> Wyvern Gate, actually.

My latest view of Samsara was posted to GD, if Graham doesn't reject it. I think reincarnation infuences greatly Gloranthan culture, though Dragonewts are certainly exception for they perfectly remain their memories....

> The character "Ainigma" started (as far as the player knew) as a
> lefthanded Sundomer man with a strange yellow left eye. During the
> course of the game he has found out that he has/is the
reincarnated soul
> of Brownwing - one of the Dragonlords of Pavis (as sundomer history
> remembers them). When the dragoewts came, Brownwing used Utuma to
free
> his soul and hid among many humans. In ainigma, his piggybag ride
ended
> and he's real personality started to surface.
>
> Of course he needed to have somebody perform the mind/soul/tongue
split
> on him before he could really recover his draconic personality and
> skills.

You might need to cut your brain into two when you want to wield two swords simultaneously, sorry, silly joke. (It is called Clavandal.)

If your "Ainigma" want to resist the "nightmare of previous life memory" in Call of Cthulhu style, it is another interesting story.

> In the same vein there is a Sheng Seleris style antigod on the
rise. A
> soul of a more advanced EWF human, that fled to Kralorela and has
lived
> as a mystic ever since.
>
> Interesting how the game is shaping up. I just wish there was more
> material on the mystics.

More time, I really want it to shapeup my own idea about "failed mystics"....Thank you for your precious sample.

TI