"Found" Hero Descriptions

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:32:09 -0000

On Tuesday, March 09, 2004 3:18 PM, Mike Dawson wrote:

> this reminds me of a topic I've been meaning to start: Who has examples of
> hero
> descriptions found in unlikely places in the mundane world?

A character I'm about to start playing in a game set in Rinliddi has a narrative based on the Pulp song "Common People". I did a version 2 set in the modern world for a friend who wanted to use it for a one-shot Mage: the Ascension game...

Helena is an artist and Ecstatic mage. She comes from Greece and has a thirst for knowledge. She studied sculpture at St Martin's College, where Jarvis caught her eye. Her dad is loaded but she wants to live like common people. She pretends she's got no money and rents a flat above a shop. She smokes fags and plays pool, pretending she never went to school, but she'll never get it right. She lays in bed at night, knowing she could call her dad to stop it all. She thinks it's all such a laugh because she'll never fail like common people.

I'll have to see how the Rinliddi version works out.

Regards,

Bruce