Tunoral Feats

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:13:03 +0000

Well my HQ game is getting nearer to starting.

Two of the players are sticking with stuff that's mostly in the rules but one wants to play a Devotee of Nuralt the Hopefinder (sub-cult of Tunoral). My thanks to Harald Smith who has already been of great help in getting me this far.

As Nuralt has a separate Masks affinity my reading is that the Nuralt cult provides the standard Survival affinity but has its own set of Masks.

For the Hope affinity my first attempt at feats are:

Bright Eyes, Never Despair, Share Hope, Starlight

Bright Eyes refers to Harald's story and although I know that Harald has said that Tunoral has no Light affinity I do believe that Starlight fits. Even a raccoon cannot see in perfect darkness - and the stars were one symbol and source of hope in the Darkness.

Masks:
Heliakal's Visage, Bearer of Hope, Drawn to His Eyes

(If anyone can think of a better name for "Drawn to His Eyes", please suggest it. My underlying idea is that onlooker's visions should be drawn to the Hero's eyes with the effect that they pay less attention to his other features - and it is a good way to make eye contact. Other names I have considered are "Luminous Eyes" and "Magnetic Eyes").

Secret: Always a Way Out. This ability may be used to discover an escape from any situation. There may be a price - and it may be high. (As in Harald's "THe Origin of the Bright Eyes" - "When Tunoral was captured by the Black-toothed demons, which ate his eyes, he traded his Golden Song and the Clamoring Bark for a hole and a rope, which he used to escape."). There is no guarantee that the current situation will not be preferable to paying the price,

Any suggestions, additions and even criticisms are welcome.