Symbology of Praxian Cattle Egrets?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:57:46 -0000

Oops! Sorry for the blank post. Not to mention the weird title.

As I hunt about through various sources for a myth to use to fram the Heroes attempt to get from Horn Gate to Jaldon's Point, I've started to focus on cattle egrets.

I've never heard a mention of them existing in Prax, but I've never known a big bunch of temperate climate herd animals to lack these creatures.

They're sort of like cranes, so might serve symbolically as examples of loyalty and awareness.

But the real reason for thinking of them is that these heroes are a bunch of non-Praxians by and large, so they can't (or shouldn't!) try to take the role of Waha. And that led me to an idea for a zinger to use in game: "You are like egrets--on the backs of beasts, but insignificant."

Does anyone have an idea about the Praxian Egret spirits/Egret Warriors/Egret Man and his Spear?

Thanks,

Mike Dawson