Re: Re: lunar heroquests

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:53:56 +1300

Chris Bell:

>Well, if this is the Storm Tribe's Ernalda we're talking about, then any
>Lunarised version is not *really* Ernalda as the Heortlings know her, but
>merely some Lunarised local Earth cult, like Hon Eel.

Why? There could easily be a subcult of "She Who Waits" that is shared with Ernalda and HonEel's cult. In this case Lunarized Ernaldans are authentic worshippers of Ernalda.

>Much of what Ernalda
>is depends on her interactions with her husband, Orlanth, in the context of
>Heortling society. When you take away Ernalda's husband-protectors and
>replace then with Yelm/The Red Emperor/whatever, Ernalda's entire social
>position and function are changed.

Ernalda's entire social and political function are changed in Esrolia but nobody has suggested that it's not the same goddess.

--Peter Metcalfe