Re: Re: Dream walking?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:30:41 +0000 (GMT)

> As to KoS, I agree with you. TR rather settles the
> matter though

(sigh) I wish TR and so on came with change bars. As it is I read a para, think "ah yes, straight out of KoS" and don't realise that a vital line in the middle has changed.

> I think intra-clan marriage is as much a redundancy
> as a hideous crime before man and god.

Depends on how the bloodlines within the clan relate to each other, I think. Children and so on go to the appropriate bloodline as well as clan (well, usually!). If this matters, then some form of formal marriage becomes meaningful. If not, then it's just a case of shacking up and producing kids.

And the between-clan politics, as we've said, only matters if there's some wealth or power to exchange. For ordinary cottars, there isn't.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html