Re: Re: Herowars Polls

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:10:04 -0500

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> > Not necessarily. Jamie's not quite got the threat/power level of
> the
> > regional scenarios quite right. They are written with the
> expectation
> > of a powerful "leader" character (10w2 in an abiity or two) and a
> group
> > starting level heroes.
>
> Ah, now that is better. Wonder which of our lot will hit the double
> mastery first... Of course, NONE of them will be starter level by the
> time the scenarios appear!
>
> Wulf

Reading the article (and from a few querries to Greg and Steve on the matter!) most campaigns should have a leader character from teh start -- a player if you've got a player who can handle it. If not, its the NPC patron you work for. But it doesn't HAVE to be like that.

I'm not using a leader character -- but then, collectively, my group of no-good Cyrlings & their warband make a Leader-class character in its own right. Which is, apparently, a fine way to do it.

By the time you get Sartar Rising! you may not NEED a leader -- one advantage of getting a campaign set up early. I am SO looking forward to this arc.

Jeff