Re: Re: Greetings and Felicitations

From: light_castle_at_...
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 13:39:58 -0400

Hey Keith.

On 4 May 2004 at 11:28, Keith Nellist wrote:

> Hiya Light,

Use LC, everyone else does. :)

> I have used different time periods and locations from Gloranthan
> history. This allows me to make up stuff without it needing to be
> totally consistent with "modern" publications - a kind of license to
> YGMV in case you needed one. (It also allows me to scour obscure and
> OOP publications for bizarre references that I can shoehorn into the
> game, but that is just fun for me rather than an extra labour).

True. But I need a working knowledge of time periods before I could do such a thing. :)

I like that Glorantha as it is set up now has no "meta plot" to be revealed later. It's out there already. I've got no marriage to a given time, but for the moment I may as well play in the "present" such as it is.

> In any case, I have some info on 13th Century Carmania "the Blood
> Kings War", 9th Century Pavis "Imperial Age Pavis" if you're
> interested in these excellent time periods. Even some info on 14th
> century Votankiland, but not much.

Hell. I'm more than willing to learn. If you're willing to send either or both, I'm up for some reading. :)

> Like someone said, it depends on what sort of game you want to run.

Looks like I need to work on seducing some players together.

LC