RE: Greetings and Felicitations

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 13:50:41 -0400

Hey Jane,

On 4 May 2004 at 18:32, Jane Williams wrote:

> If you ever find it, do let the rest of us know :)

I certainly will.

> Personally I rather like the way everything is linked to everything else.
> All I can suggest as a method of coping is that you pick one area to start
> with, and work your way out from that base.

IT's likely what I intend to do. Have just enough to let people make someone from a given homeland if they like, but only need detail of the region we finally start in.

That's what I'm doing. And
> classifying the whole areas of Mysticism and Sorcery as "foreigners, burn
> them" makes life *so* much easier!

LOL!! Given that Mysticism seems to have been completely stripped from the rules, I will be leaving that alone. :)

> I seem to remember a nice new PDF map having just come out, with exactly
> this "where are the homelands" information on it. Lokarnos...? Yes, there it
> is.
>
> http://www.glorantha.com/support/HomelandsMap.pdf

That's the one in the HQ rule book. It's a little too vague for my purposes, although it does help. I found more than one good one of specifc locales on the web. This guy's got a pretty nice set up, actually. http://nysalor.daug.net/runequest/kartat/indexeng.html

LC