Re: The Masks of Moonson

From: light_castle_at_...
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 08:17:31 -0000

Hi Nick.

> > What's the deal with Moonson. Immortal? Or continually
> > reincarnating? Or did that just start with him losing
> > that battle with Sheng Seleris?
>
> My short, probably inaccurate account:

<snip>

> > Or am I just hopelessly lost?
>
> If you are hopelessly lost, it is by design and intent (I think).
For
> a taste of the wonderful complexities you can get into, check some
of
> the links from "Moonson: Many Masks, a Single Soul" on Lokarnos:
> http://lokarnos.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/03/1427256
>
> (Mind you, I co-wrote a 50-player freeform game that was all about
an
> imperial succession, so maybe I've been thinking too hard about all
> this stuff... :-)

Maybe. :)

So the only "known for sure" part is that when the Red Goddess left, she left her Son in charge. He could die and come back, always the same. (He didn't just exist unchanging.) Then he tangled with Sheng, and now he dies and comes back in a different body. And he seems to have different personalites with each body (but all his knowledge). Oh, and become completely weird and decadent with giant sex and drug and magic parties. (or something)

And there are those people we try not to pay attention to who occasionally mention that the "Real Moonson" is living in exile in the far east.

Or something. :)

LC