Re: Iroquois

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:27:43 EST

In a message dated 1/8/01 3:47:58PM, you write:

<< >My best
>guess at the moment is fusing the existing Herotling information with
>an Iroquois analogy.

 Why Iroquois? Why not use Arthur Evans' Minoan fantasies instead?  Then you have splendid cities, e[x/r]otic dresses, bulls, snakes,  and even the Pharoah fits in...

 --Peter Metcalfe

I think Iroquois might be a viable idea for some of the Western edges of Esrolia early on it's history, for example among the Solanthi, Ditali, ancient Longsi Land. If not viable then a possible source of inspiration. I do not think we should rule out any sources as much as we do not take anything wholesale. These areas appear to be forested, have rivers and not, geograhically, that similar to the mediterranean of ancient Minos.

Besides, I can use 'Last of the Mohicans' for some gloranthan video sequences.

Keith N