Re: Great Game

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:56:54 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 6 May 2004 kmnellist_at_... wrote:

> HeroQuest-RPG_at_yahoogroups.com writes:
>
> Since I've been reading Hopkirk recently, I'm just sorry that there isn't
> >another empire actively going after Sartar, so that we could have Great Game
> >scenarios of foiling the [Other Empire]' spies and advance scouts, while
> >trying to win the hearts (hah!) and minds (double hah!) of the Sartarites.
>
> You could set before 1600 when the Holy Country was still in existence.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

1600 ST is _the_ time to play in, at least for me. Sartar still stands, the Household of Death has been formed as the sign of their desperation. The Pharaoh gives covert aid to the Sartarites (Even though he's also their old enemy).

Much more exiting than the occupation of the published timeline "now" of 1610+

Just one opinion, of course. Also it takes a bit more work, since the maps and such are set in a later time.

        -Adept