Re: Holy Country

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 22:48:07 -0000

> The Holy Country lay south of Sartar and included six realms (one
> for each of the five elements plus a sixth for sorcery).

Two of those realms were Heortland and Esrolia. Esrolia is a homeland in HeroQuest; Heortland includes Heortling (northern/pagan), Esvulari (southern/sophisticated) and Seshnegi (bastard foreign conquering overlords) elements, all of which are homelands in HeroQuest.

[Esrolia]
> And I presume it encompassed Esrolia? And the Pharoah going bye
> bye is fairly recent. So shouldn't that be mentioned in Esrolian
> character info?

I agree. See "HeroQuest Voices" (Esrolite Mother), where it is.

The remaining four sixths were Shadow Plateau (trolls), Caladraland (volcano-worshippers), the Rightarm Islands (sea people, mermen and fishes), and "God Forgot" (atheist sorcerers, cf. some of the Common Magic options listed for the Esvulari in HeroQuest).

> It was led by the reincarnating Pharaoh but he was recently
> assassinated

(by Jar-Eel the Razoress, for the Lunar Empire)

> and the Holy Country is falling to pieces.

(Hurrah!)

Cheers, Nick