The walls of Sartar (and gates of Boldhome)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 03:05:39 +0300 (EEST)

The desctiption in the Dragon Pass gazetteer talks of magically raised stone walls 20 foot high.

I had originally envisioned magically erected earth works, but now I started thinking of the spesifics according to Dragon Pass (parhaps I can get my artist to do a proper picture).

Magically raised stone wall propably wouldn't look like any regular sort of wall made of blocks of stone. Propably more like stone that has grown or been drawn straight from the earth. (Startar was a great magician, of change and movement, afterall and had learned much about stone from the Mostali.)

So now I'm wondering are the city walls like earthworks, only made from smooth stone, or are they supposed to look more like regular city walls?

The description of gate-towers is remeniscent of the towers at the New Pavis gates (apologies to those here who haven't seen the old Pavis supplements), with a tall and a short one at each gate. Is this what is to be seen at the gates of Boldhome as well?

        -Adept