Re: Borders, Moon Observations, Blank Lands

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:49:14 -0400

Hi Greg.

On 19 May 2004 at 16:21, Greg_at_... wrote:

> The countries often interpenetrate each other as a matter of course. It is
> a natural thing, and no one has surveys to check it out. The unfortunate
> towns and villiages on the borders change hands regularly, either through
> threat or invasion, or because they are unhappy with their latest lords
> and switch sides by themselves.
>
> On the other hand, where such shenanigans have been going for long enough
> to have results there are NO villiages, all having been burned down by one
> vengeful warlord or another.

Funny that. :)

I think it's just that as a newbie, I'm not really sure where those border towns would even likely be. Don't need a survey, just a general idea.

Nick replied:
> Yes. If her Full ruddy face is shining South of the Crater, her
> Black back side must be showing to the North of the Crater. No?

Nick is correct, and I believe this will be nicely explained in full in ILH2. Okey dokey. Searchlight sweeping the lands. So in a given area, it is a consistent 7-day cycle then.

LC