Re: Whitewall

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:47:30 +1200

At 12:48 AM 5/25/04 -0400, you wrote:

>OK, this helps, but I'm still not clear. Heortland in the Holy Country was
>divided into 4
>Earldoms, of which one is the Volsaxi area (in the north) and one is
>Esvular (in the
>South?). The south had long ago been influenced by the West, thus the God
>Forgot
>islands (also called the Leftarm islands?) and the Aeolian church is Esvular.

God Forgot is not part of Heortland but one of the six parts of the Holy Country.
Although Volsaxi is technically an Earldom, it has not obeyed the Pharaoh or the King of Heortland for a long time. Esvular is the portion of Heortland bordering
God Forgot.

>When the Beltinar goes bye-bye, Broyan declares himself king of Heortland,
>although
>he is really only king of the Volsaxi.

Yes.

> Rikard leads a crusade to "free the ancient holy
>lands of Malkonwal from the Pagans" and shows up and conquers the South?

Rikard actually had the support of Aeolians in his crusade although they became disenchanted with him.

>Then the Lunars come in and... what does Rikard do? Broyan holds out in
>Whitewall, do
>the Lunars just bypass him, cut him off, and take Rikard out?

He was captured but the precise details are not known.

>And finally, does Orlanthi magic stop working after the fall of Whitewall?

Yes and also Ernaldan magic.

--Peter Metcalfe