RE: Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:03:58 +0100

> Peter Metcalfe :
> Everywhere within the magical shadow of KeroFin and excluding
> the Glowline. That's Dragon Pass, Prax and Esrolia. The
> Orlanthi that pray using Top of the World (between Ralios and
> Fronela) won't be affected.

I hadn't realised that interesting limitation. Let me pull out OiD... P43: "Most people in and around Sartar, Heortland, Esrolia, and Wenelia are affected. (Even those foreign lands where Orlanth receives sacrifice, such as Prax, Ralios, Fronela and Umathela, are touched, but those lands are outside the scope of this book)."

I prefer Peter's conclusion, but how did you reach it?

> >For how long?
>
> Until the battle of Iceland early in 1622.

After which those people who were present at the battle get their magic back, but no-one else does!

And still KoS doesn't notice....

LC:
> OK, so even by "canon" (such as anything in Glorantha-lore
> can be considered such) there's enough solid grey here for
> me to do what I want should I decide that is an issue.

I think you're going to have to. Either you play through Iceland as written (be cannon fodder, do not ask questions), or you have a major campaign wrecker with insufficient information to use it. Changes will just have to be made. Limit the area, limit the time, decide it was only a dream... Whatever fits.