RE: Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:24:58 +0100 (BST)

> >I prefer Peter's conclusion, but how did you reach
> it?
>
> It depends on what is meant by touched

Good point. It's a very vague term.

> >And still KoS doesn't notice....
>
> The writer was a Lhankor Mhy Sage. His magic worked
> fine during that period
> as did the magic of his colleagues. So why should
> he notice that the magic
> went kaput? Do you think he talked to people
> outside the temple?

I take it you're talking about Denseros here? Yes, for most of the history he was writing, he *did* talk to outsiders. He certaily didn't give eyewitness accounts for very much of it.

But how about Minaryth Blue, and "events of my life"? Who in that year, noticed his son dying of heat, and nothing else worth mentioning?

This may be heading Digest-wards, though. Yes, it's possible to find excuses for much of this (Denseros was biased, Min Blue suffered traumatic memory failure...) but it's a stretch. And it shouldn't be us having to provide the explanations.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html