RE: Re: neon lights

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:29:55 +0100

> I don't have my copy yet but I thought that Ship of the Sky had alot
> of Kallyr background in it - especially with respect to her
> relationship to Rigsdal.

It does, but not as much as I was expecting. One particular fact surprised me by its absence. But what *is* there is far more use in play anyway.

One bit I particularly liked isn't background at all. I remember back when we were first designing it (and arguing over whether the PCs should take centre stage to any extent - I lost), we looked at the possibility of some daft PC deciding to attack the other groups taking part in the Ship-rise, on their side. Just like the Cradle, you've got mixed groups, supposedly allies, they argue. No, we said, surely even a player wouldn't be that stupid? Who in their right mind would start a fight at a time and place like that, potentially wrecking everthing you're there for? Well, now I know, and it should have been obvious. Kallyr would. Who let her out without a keeper???