Name generator online

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:18:40 -0700

Gang, for those needing naming help, Amazon Miniatures tell us:

"We have set up a new name-generation utility that saves you the trouble of trying to think up authentic names for your characters and scenarios. The generator creates both male and female names.

It is available from the You And Whose Army section of our website. Names available so far are Arabian, Chinese, Dickensian English, German, Greek, Irish, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Silly German, Spanish, Swedish, Viking, and Random (which select bits of various languages).

More languages will be added as the names are generated from a database. The generator uses both fixed data and constructed surnames (eg: male & female surname versions in Russian and Greek - not always totally correct!) and random segment names (Dickensian and Silly German). It is meant to be fun and will help you generate names for use in game scenarios."

http://www.amazonminiatures.com/youandwhosearmy/

Click on "Name generator" on the left hand column.

RR
- Richelieu