coinage

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:11:31 +1000

At 02:51 AM 27/06/04, you wrote:
>I think that was in those innocent days when we assumed that no one would
>make coins with impure metal. Now we know there are PCs who would devalue
>the coinage to rip off the people who apparently produced them.

  Wouldn't an Issaries or equivalent devotee be able to value coinage with ease, instantly being able to tell if he's being short-changed?   If that same person were the bureaucrat who was checking the output of a mint, it would be very hard to adulterate the coinage without bribing him *a lot* - which means he's the one who gets checked regularly for irregularities in his income.
  In any magical world, shorting the coinage isn't something I see as a problem. OTOH, if there's PCs involved... ;) Even then, it wouldn't last long.

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---