Re: Re: Back from the dead, and ready to party.

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:34:56 -0400

On 24 Jun 2004 at 6:42, Jane Williams wrote:

> How drastic they are depends on when your game is set, and whether
> you do this "backstory" thing or not. If life begins in 1620 for
> you, there's no real change, I suspect.

Fair enough.

> No, I just find it amusing. Like the count of the number of Humakti
> in Sartar, and the deduction that they're *all* PCs!

LOL!!
> Why does he "owe" her - she found him, later, but what did she do
> about it?

We'll have to see about that. I'll let him take the lead on how he wants to phrase this. It could just be his innate sense of a fair deal, or it could just be that he hasn't quite lost the idea that he owes family. And while adopted family is one thing, having some real blood tie means he can't quite shake the idea he can't treat her the same way he treats everyone else. We'll see.

> > I asked him if this is enough for him to go fight with her at some
> last desperate battle. He
> > insisted not. I asked him if she was pinned down in a hopeless
> siege, would it be
> > enough for him to risk himself to help get her out? He said yes.
> (He knows NOTHING of
> > Glorantha or Whitewall.)
>
> Nice! We now borrow him for the Whitewall list and our collection of
> interesting NPCs :)

I do believe he'd be immensely flattered. :) When I've got full details on him, I'll send you the summary and you can all do with it as you will.

> > Still, he could be Culbrea, and now that they are closer in age,
> it could just be a love of
> > his life he cynically insists doesn't *really* matter to him
> anymore. He just feels obligated.
>
> Also sounds like fun. He can go on in depth about how bad she is for
> trade, if you like. I don't know any details, but anyone who goes
> around starting fights that much can't be good for peace and
> stability, can she? Taxes, after 1613?

See, he actually thinks the reverse. Trade works much better in a stable environment. Even trade in exotic animals. But trade in exotic magics and other bits of shady business (which is where he makes his REAL money) works very well when everyone is a little concerned about everything else. Open warfare sucks, but rebellion and some political chaos is a great way to make a killing if you know the right people to sell to.

That, at least, is his rationale for supporting the rebellion. Even as he complains of the excessive taxes and regulations of the Empire.

LC