Re: Re: Rikard's capital

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:08:44 GMT

In message <3073.80.130.47.49.1089816727.squirrel_at_...> "Joerg Baumgartner" writes:
>Light Castle

>> Given that the 3rd player wants her character to be someone who
>> committed an atrocity, (she hasn't decided on which side she was
>> when she did it and what side she is on now) who has fled to
>> Karse. I'm trying to make sure I know some good places she
>> may have done this.
>
>Atrocities are hard to commit in Glorantha. Intra-cultural it is easier,
>like Orlanthi consorting with Chaos or Lunars evading taxes.

Depends what she's thinking of in the way of atrocities. If it's an atrocity by her character's personal moral standards it could be perfectly acceptable to the society. I'm thinking particularly of Lunar society here where using chaos to further the Empire's ends is acceptable but many Lunars consider it wrong. However the same applies to any other society, a Heortling could take revenge in a particularly bloodthirsty way which the individual then realises was personally unacceptable.

>There are stories about Lunar atrocity troops, like the story where a
>Lunar tribune (or was it Jaxarte) meets Roan-ur (in Tales #16).

There are also the Char-un (Sons of Kargzant) and Paggi-Addi (Wesley Quantros' web site), a Lunar who used them might well be upset by the results.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/