Re: Rikard's capital

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:23:24 -0000

> She seems to be leaning towards committing an atrocity from her own
point of view. i.e. -
> her own sensibilities were violated.
<snip>

> The important thing here is that she needs to have viewed it as an
atrocity by her own
> side. She's just realized she has abandoned her ideals in order to
win the war/battle,
> whatever. "In obsessing about the enemy, you become the enemy" kind
of thing. She let
> the ends justify the means, and now the means have gotten so bad
that she' s not sure
> about the ends anymore. (Figuring out where she ends up now is
going to be
> interesting.)

<snip>

> > > Esrolia seems less wracked by violence.
> >
> > That actually makes having an action regarded as atrocity easier.
There
> > are a couple of Black Earth type activities which might qualify -
Cult of
> > Kali stereotypes, for instance.
>
> Very good point, excellent idea.

Another option for you that might work well.....there is a goddess of human sacrifice known in dragon pass (and quite possibly Esrolia as well). I don't have Storm Tribe with me, and I can't recall her exact name at the moment. After the inhuman occupation years she was still there, waiting, and her mythology makes it clear that she can never be eliminated, only ignored.

There are several cults which can use her rites to power up their own. If I recall correctly this includes Maran Gor, Humakt, and some others that are less traditionally bloody. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll get you the whole list tonight.

Anyway, human sacrifice seems to be a fairly perfect example of something one might do as a means to an end, then severely regret afterwards.

It does sound like you have an interesting group of players, who are all eager to have big stories. Should make your life interesting!

-Bryan