Creative players

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:02:40 +0100

> > When the players decide they hate a 2-word, 1-stat cardboard NPC so
> > much that they want to spend the next scenario hunting him down and
> > killing him, and all his friends. When they spot
> connections between
> > two plots that never existed before they imagined them, and go and
> > investigate.
>
> Yup. I love when they reveal to me that the main villain is
> not in fact the leader, but his
> witch assistant who is secretly planning to take over. Which
> I didn't know about until then. :)

But it's so obviously true!

And then you can either do a D&D "but it doesn't say that in the scenario", or say "yes, but...."

It has to be said that it's easier to say "yes but..." these days, when you don't have to scrap a load of RQ stats and redo them. If I had to generate a D&D character sheet for my NPCs, I'd be sticking to pre-gen stuff, too.