Re: Re: A great big steaming pile of fewmets

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:15:28 -0400

>I don't think I can bring myself to see I, Robot yet.

  Me neither. From the trailers, it is *nothing* like anything Asimov wrote.   Another "inspired by" movie, I suppose. Feh.

Oh, it is. Big robot revolt caused by Evil Corporate Greed and Will Smith saving the day with a dishy "Susan Calvin". If you have any respect for an author who is no longer here to defend himself I encourge a boycott of this overblown piece of trash.

BTW There is an excellent screenplay for I, Robot out there that Harlan Ellison wrote many years ago. It was published as I, Robot: The Illustrated Screenplay under both Ellison's and Asimov's names. It is much more faithful to the original stories.

  I *am* looking forward to "Skycommander and the World of Tomorrow" (or   whatever it's called). Hope they gve it the right touch of pulpishness.

Yes. Very cool looking.

Gerald