Re: I, Fewmets (OT)

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:02:19 +1000

At 04:49 AM 28/07/04, you wrote:
>And yet in the book "I, Robot", the robots end up doing just that--in
>"The Evitable Conflict", if memory serves, it's made pretty clear that
>the robots have taken over the world because the First Law forced them
>to (they knew that they could take care of humans better than we can
>take care of ourselves).

  Yup. They had a damned good reason to do it, rather than the, "We're robots, perfect in every way. Let's get rid of these pesky humans." that he was reacting to. IIRC. ;)

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---