Re: elements of storm?

From: Paul Anderson <carlalef_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:21:51 -0400

Orlanth is a very bad example for this mode of reasoning, because he does expressly dominate the other (OK, yes, Simplicius, 4 of the other 5) elements. I presume this means that if you go back to the Umath myths, his storms did not produce rain or lightning, did not darken the sky; they just blew things apart and destroyed them. Quite impressive enough, don't you agree?

(It's not clear to me what the Earth component to a storm is, but there must be one: but then I'm also blanking on the Earth subcult of Orlanth: his Shield, I think?)

If Orlanth wins the Hero Wars, will thunderstorms drive people mad?

Will this have "always been true", given Orlanthi tendencies to retroactive conservatism?

Paul MacLean Anderson
pmanderson_at_...
pmaclanderson_at_...

Be a Quidnunc: