elements of storm?

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:30:04 -0000

Just a quick question.....there are times that it is useful to know the elemental association of things--like when trying to use elemental progression or elemental philosophies, per MoLaD.

So I have a quick and hopefully easy Glornatha question: what are the elemental associations for the parts of a storm?

Wind is obviously air.

Rain you would imagine is water, but for example if an Orlanth devotee uses a storm affinity to attack with "driving rain" (or even hail for that matter), I'm not sure if it counts as water or, because storm is an air affinity, as air?

The same sort of question applies to lightning. Yavor in Thunder Rebels starts his existence as a fire god, but is worshipped now as an aspect of Orlanth Thunderous. So is lightning a fire power, a storm (air) power, or something right off the elemenatl wheel?

If this is actually not an easy question, let me know and we can avoid flooding the list with Gloranthan minutae.

--Bryan