Re: Re: The Dog Fathers

From: Nicholas Pagnucco <npagnucco_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:28:52 -0700 (PDT)

> The following is my full writeup on Jajagapa (I
> think it uses HW, not HQ, terms) as I envisioned
> it. It is a small part of my Imther material (even
> though the dogs are more associated with Saird).

Very cool, thanks. I figured it would be worth it to see what was out there. I may be a newbie to Glorantha, but one thing I know is chances are, something is written about everything. ;)

One thing I find interesting about the Jajalorings is that a few centuries earlier they were key to the mighty kingdom of Saird... And Saird was so mighty it ended up taking on some dragons and winning. Then things went bad, and the Dragonkill happened, and now the Jajalorings are a marginalized minority in the southern provinces.

The Imperial Lunar Handbook does a good job at hinting some Hero is prolly gonna have the bright idea to try and re-create Saird. The Big Question at that point is how would this new Saird relates to the Lunar Empire, Dragon Pass, & the Heortlings? I could see it being going a lot of different possible ways. Similarly, I could see it crushed out of existence a lot of different ways, too. :)

Nicholas Pagnucco
University at Albany, SUNY
Sociology Department

Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now. http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush