RE: Re: Cool stuff & NPCs

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:47:14 GMT

In message <000401c48d93$254d5330$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:
>> > Not to mention that you would be laying on the ground right when a
>> > horse is charging by. Getting stepped on by a charging horse would
>> > really wreak your day. Not to mention kill you.
>>
>> Or even hurt you!
>
>I've heard stories that a horse, left to itself, will carefully *not*
>step on people lying on the ground, so unless the rider forces it to
>trample you, you're safe. But my experience of horses is zero. Anyone
>more knowledgable like to comment?

Makes sense, if you are running wouldn't you avoid stepping on a body or living creature lying on the ground? Simply to avoid being thrown off balance by the uneven footing. There's certainly a risk of being kicked in passing or trodden on by accident by that's true of being near a horse.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/