RE: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:43:31 +0100

Me:
> > I think I'd been assuming that Vanganthi get "fly" as an
> ability the way everyone else gets "walk". ..

RR :

> Err, no, they don't (unless they pick it up as a Common Magic
> or some sort of natural magic, of course). That is something
> we most definitely would have put in the magic section. No,
> the way to fly is to get the Flight affinity (and improvise
> from it, for an initiate).

So how do you reconcile the rule that initiates can only use their improvised feats as augments (it is the rule, isn't it?) with the known example of an initiate flying? These *are* the rules, and an official bit of background, so while saying "ignore this rule IYG" helps, it can't be the right answer, surely?

Is there some other ability they can use the "fly fast" or whatever to augment? "Fight while flying", as a physical ability, could be used directly, say? Though this starts to feel awkward, not to say silly.