Re: Re: Flying fighters?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:10:46 -0700

> So how do you reconcile the rule that initiates can only use their
> improvised feats as augments (it is the rule, isn't it?) with the known
> example of an initiate flying? These *are* the rules, and an official
> bit of background, so while saying "ignore this rule IYG" helps, it
> can't be the right answer, surely?

As others have mentioned, Page 118: "An initiate *can* improvised a named feat in the affinity" (with a penalty...).

You're right "Just plain old Fly" is not a feat. But "Aerial maneuvering", "Fly fast", and "Carry additional weight while flying" are all valid "fly" alternatives. They don't *have* to be augmentors, you know...

RR
- Richelieu