Re: Inaccurate myths

From: Henk Langeveld <hlangeveld_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 01:52:23 +0200

Jane,

Could "Reylari Iceni" be an alter ego of yours? It's the author of the second result from google:

        Google: ex-saxo ex-saxono

*Jane's Armoury*
... "Ex Saxono" were his words, though the written version seems to have been shortened to "ex saxo". A typo, I'm sure. Again, click for a better look. Saex. ...
http://www.jane-williams.me.uk/armoury.htm

*Man_Myth_Legend?*
... the Latin phrase Artorius gladium EX SAXO eripuit may have been wrongly copied from an original that read Artorius gladium EX SAXONO eriput_since medival ...
http://ancientworlds.net/aw/Post/156551

"[...] the Latin phrase Artorius gladium EX SAXO eripuit may have been wrongly copied from an original that read Artorius gladium EX SAXONO eriput_since medival clerks often omitted the letter N_ and thus Arthur in reality took the sword from the Saxon and not from the stone; Excalibur the sword from the lake, was ex cale burno, from beside the river Cale, where the best swords were forged [...]"