RE: RE: Inaccurate myths; bronzes

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 19:20:54 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Jane:
>
> > > And there's always
> > > the old fallback, which is that bronze is just the
> > > nearest equivalent word for the Gloranthan metal.
>
> >Which of course it is. From the bones of the gods, and so on. It isn't
> >even an alloy in Glorantha.
>
> Bronze is alloyed sky metal Tin and earth metal Copper, mirroring
> the mixed parentage of Umath.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

Or for an alternative version (still derived from old RQ stuff)

The metal of Umath, the fifth elemental ruler, is Tin. (instead of having two metals for fire)

The metal of Earth, like the mountain Kero Fin, is Copper.

Orlanth is a young god, and a mix of Umath's Tin and Kero Fin's Copper.

So we get a young god who is hard and resilient. And orlant's metal, Bronze.

        -Adept